Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fiddle tunes do you think should I learn?

Options
  • 28-09-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

As the title suggests I'm looking for new fiddle tunes to learn!

I have been playing the fiddle for about a year so take into account I'm not as nimble as some of you guys and girls. I'm looking for some really nice tunes to play and practice, mellow, energetic, weird, International I love them all!

If you could give me the name of a tune I'll look it up and see if there's a recording and work from there.

Thanks in advance!

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Can you play Far Away?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Harvest home is a nice handy one.
    Out on the ocean and geese in the bog are nice handy jigs.
    Cooleys, crowleys, and the silver spear are good reels for a beginner. And remember if you want to play fast practice SLOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ClassyCoconut

Can you play Far Away?

No I can not! I'll look it up now and see how it sounds, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ClassyCoconut

Harvest home is a nice handy one.
    Out on the ocean and geese in the bog are nice handy jigs.
    Cooleys, crowleys, and the silver spear are good reels for a beginner. And remember if you want to play fast practice SLOW.

I actually know Harvest Home, Geese in the Bog and the Silver Spear!! They're brilliant wee tunes. I'll look up the other tunes and give them a go, thanks for letting me know what you think!

Jokes on you buddy, I can't even practise fast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jmmoran

trad wrote: »

I honestly thought that was a joke. You know, like asking him to play so far away that no one could hear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jennym11

An Gaoth aneas is really nice and also some of o' Carolans pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Jennym11 wrote: »
    An Gaoth aneas is really nice and also some of o' Carolans pieces

Add Inisheer to that an you have a lovely pair of tunes. I usually play them with "Believe me if all those endearing young charms" to make up a nice slow set

Advertisement