Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA - Previously dropped out

Options
  • 27-09-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if I can get the BTEA if I previously dropped out 2 years ago?

I have a Fetac Level 5, and went on to college to do a level 7, but dropped out in first year (so I just have a level 5 at the moment). I'm thinking of going back to do a different course next year. So can I get the allowance? Wrecking my head with what to do at the moment :confused:

TLDR; dropped out of first year before, can I get the allowance if I go back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

jeddie20 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I can get the BTEA if I previously dropped out 2 years ago?

I have a Fetac Level 5, and went on to college to do a level 7, but dropped out in first year (so I just have a level 5 at the moment). I'm thinking of going back to do a different course next year. So can I get the allowance? Wrecking my head with what to do at the moment :confused:

TLDR; dropped out of first year before, can I get the allowance if I go back?

Usually if you dont have a qualification at the level which you are now interested in doing then you can get BTEA as long as you meet the relevant criteria re age and payment status. They might want to know why you left the level 7 previously so have a good answer to hand. :)

Also you would have needed to inform DSP when you left the course so they could take you off the BTEA at the time. If you didn't it might make it a bit tricky now.

Advertisement