Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Repairs!

Options
  • 27-09-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

If one leaves a car in for repair and in the course of the repair components attached to the engine are damaged. Who is liable?
    I.e. does the garage pay for the new components or the person who owns the car?
    It seems to be a grey area!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Say if I leave my car in and I'm told look we need to do A, B and C to fix this. If we try and do that, there's a chance that damage could be caused to D, E, F or what not, but we'll do our best to avoid that. If all goes well, my bill will be X. If all doesn't go well, D, E and F will have to be replaced as well and that'll cost too, that would be one thing.

If you simply leave the car in to have A, B and C done, and its returned to you with damage to other components then the party who caused that damage is liable for the cost to repair same, on proof that the damage was in fact caused by them.

Advertisement