Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Days or One Day??

Options
  • 27-09-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am just looking for opinions/advice from people who are doing part-time courses. I'm in my last year in a part time course, started back this week. I was in Tuesday and Wednesday and because i've only two classes I get home just after 8 each night. I'm also in a class with the same guys i've been with the last couple of years, people i've also done assignment work with. The college are running the Tuesday class on a Wednesday evening now so I could do one night instead of two if I wanted. It means I wouldn't get home on the Wednesday until 10ish. Also I won't know anyone in the class and don't know if i'd get a good group for assignment work. I'd also be more tired for the second class. On the plus side, i'd have Tuesday free, less expense paying for parking, petrol, food in the canteen. I'm unsure what would be the best option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I would always take the option of getting it all out of the way on the one night. Means you'll be able to concentrate on studying on the night you're not there, rather than time being wasted travelling etc (and still only getting home after 8, when you won't feel like studying). It effectively gives you an extra night to get your coursework done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I would always take the option of getting it all out of the way on the one night. Means you'll be able to concentrate on studying on the night you're not there, rather than time being wasted travelling etc (and still only getting home after 8, when you won't feel like studying). It effectively gives you an extra night to get your coursework done.

Thanks for that, tried out the other class and it looks like i'll only have one girl to partner up with for coursework. A girl that I had an argument with a couple of years back for not pulling her weight:rolleyes: Really don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I wouldn't personally let that stop me if I really wanted to do the class on that day. I'd be laying it out straight to the other person though that she can pull her weight this time... How much of the marks would count towards group work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I wouldn't personally let that stop me if I really wanted to do the class on that day. I'd be laying it out straight to the other person though that she can pull her weight this time... How much of the marks would count towards group work?

I think it's 50% in this assignment and I really need to get a good grade if I want what i'm aiming for in my degree.

Advertisement