Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn Blu Ray to DVD Disc

Options
  • 26-09-2012 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

I've tried using combos of MakeMKV, DVDFab, Handbrake, DVD Shrink, DVDFlick and Imgburn to get a Blu Ray Movie I have on to a DVD but the only way I can get a playable burn in a normal DVD player is if I use FAB on it's own using it's Blu Ray to DVD option.

Problem with this is it puts a watermark on it.

Any one know a sure fire way before I try some of those muxers aps? Takes a flippin hour and a half to shrink it down...31GB+.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Problem with this is it puts a watermark on it.

Register DVDFab? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Torqay wrote: »
    Register DVDFab? :D
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:p

Would consider if it wasn't a once off, was actually gonna buy MakeMKV a few weeks back but it's €60 he wants for it!!!:eek:

Hows that make sense? Use it for free but if you want to support/donate, €60!!!:confused::eek:

First remux to MKV using MakeMKV (free while in trial).

Pick the most basic audio track on the disc (ie if there is a AC3 track pick that, if there is a DTS-HD track then only pick the DTS core, etc).

Now try using that as an input file for DVDFlick or DeVeDe.

If that's not working then you'll need to find out why. It may be that neither of those will accept Bluray spec input files, in which case you'll need to re-encode down to something they do accept.

Personally I would speed up the Bluray to 25fps before using a DVD converter but if you don't know how to do that it would take too long for me to explain. That's how pay apps justify their price.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

the only way I can get a playable burn in a normal DVD player is if I use FAB on it's own using it's Blu Ray to DVD option.

DVD uses MPEG2. You are probably converting from the mpeg4 on the dvd to mpeg4 again when creating an mkv. If you have extracted and decrypted the video from the bluray and temporarily store it on your hard drive in its original format (this should be fast), you will probably be able to use devede at that point. It's not amazing, but it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Khannie, have you tried:

ffmpeg -i bluray.m2ts -target ntsc-dvd dvd.mpg

https://www.ffmpeg.org/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I haven't, but only because I don't have a bluray player. :D That looks like a neat little trick though. If it did decent two pass encoding to fit the DVD properly I'd be well impressed.

devede uses mencoder under the hood AFAIK.

Advertisement