Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Studies

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys,
    I was just wondering if many (if any) people on this have studied Media Studies at NUIM. I'm thinking of putting it down on my CAO this year, but I'm not overly sure just yet.
    I would be more interested in the writing and journalism side of things in comparison to the TV aspect, so would there be much to do with writing?
    I know that DCU has its communications course, but I would like to study Media Studies as part of a joint honours rather than a single honors degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 callistofalk

Hi, I don't do Media Studies but I really wanted to last year! I have a friend who is studing Media Studies with English here and he loves the course (makes me so jel xD) and he's not on boards to give you his opinion so I will! The English would be a good subject to pair it with as you can combine the two and you would get the writing aspect you mentioned.
    I think if you're even a tiny bit interested you should talk to some of the students at the open day. I really suggest you put in on your CAO xD Good luck deciding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

You wouldn't be doing much print journalism. In terms of doing practical journalism, it would be mostly through radio, with at least one more academic module on journalism generally, as well as a law module which focusses on libel. DCU would make more sense if you're set on that field, but I wouldn't recommend it as a field to get set on anyhow.

Advertisement