Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we with R4 style cards for the 3ds?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 4:49pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Title says it all, are they close to developing a card that will act as an R4/micro-ds did on the DS? If not, what are the difficulties they are running into? Just interested generally :) with the 3ds xl out now Id love a card like this. I would imagine the xl has more security measures built in though?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The system has encryption that hasn't been broken, simple as :) I doubt there was much interest in cracking it either up until a few months ago, at least, not by those with the ability to do it.

With the Wii U imminent, I'd say interest might take up in Nintendo hacking again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Supposedly the 3ds has pretty much blocked every flash cart even for ds roms with their latest update.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Supposedly the 3ds has pretty much blocked every flash cart even for ds roms with their latest update.

Its always cat & mouse, I'm sure the flash cards will get a fix released after some time & they'll work again

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Yeah but they kinda have to get that first foot in the door dont they :( (with the 3ds). Wonder how long itll take them.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Yeah but they kinda have to get that first foot in the door dont they :( (with the 3ds). Wonder how long itll take them.

I'm sure it'll happen before long, some Asian based commercial hacking group wil undoubtedly do it & make a lot of money with the selling of it

• Advertisement

Hurry up Asian dudes :( 3DS XLs here in Korea are 260,000, but American imports are 350,000! Rip-off! I need some way to get around the region-locking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

dooferoaks wrote: »

Seriously? Crap, I just bought an Acekard 2i but I'd already updated to the new firmware so it's useless. I thought it was just a matter of time until they released a patch. Is there any way to roll back your firmware? I'm guessing there isn't.

What would be the best forum to follow up on 3DS Homebrew cart news? Eagerly awaiting a 3DS XL compatible card! :D

Andy!! wrote: »
    What would be the best forum to follow up on 3DS Homebrew cart news? Eagerly awaiting a 3DS XL compatible card! :D

gbatemp seems to be fairly active, but I wouldn't hold your breath :)

Advertisement