Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tycoon Offers £40m Dowry For Lesbian Daughter

Options
  • 26-09-2012 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

A highly successful businessman from Hong Kong has offered a $65m (£40.2m) dowry to any man who can win the heart of his lesbian daughter.

Cecil Chao announced the financial reward after his daughter, Gigi, married her same-sex partner of seven years in France earlier this year, according to a report in the South China Morning Post. Mr Chao insists his daughter has not been married abroad

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind hearted," 76-year-old Mr Chao was quoted as saying.

"Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work," he added.

The tycoon, who owns publicly-listed property developer Cheuk Nang, also insisted that the reports that 33-year-old Gigi had married abroad were "false".

Same-sex marriages are not recognised in Hong Kong, where homosexuality was only decriminalised in 1991.

Mr Chao is well known in Hong Kong's social circles and regularly appears at public events with his latest young girlfriend.

He reportedly once claimed to have had intimate relations with 10,000 women.

Source

Giggity! Would you be able to change her mind? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,120 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That article is ridiculous.
    How on earth am I supposed to have an opinion on this unless I can see a picture of her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she's asian, what more do you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

GreeBo wrote: »
    How on earth am I supposed to have an opinion on this unless I can see a picture of her?

40 million on the line, does it matter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Who cares if you could 'turn' her. Split the money and get a hooker! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

And behold, twas done....
    http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/09/26/1226481/995936-gigi-chao.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do you get anything for volunteering?:confused:

It seriously matters
    this or this!

Sykk wrote: »
    Source

Giggity! Would you be able to change her mind? :pac:

As shes an attractive millionaires daughter, its a given that a nicer smelling bunch than us have tried. Langer is obviously not her cup of tea, and he'll have to live with it.

Nodin wrote: »

Hmm I think there is a reason other than being a lesbian to explain why "she" likes girls...

Hmm I think there is a reason other than being a lesbian to explain why "she" likes girls...

Hmmmm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why doesn't yer wan find some enterprising young man, pretend to go out with him and then split the money? The Da is ancient, you won't need to pretend for that long. For $40m I'd marry anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

yeah, because by offering a 40mill dowry he's going to attract kind hearted and generous men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

unfortunately i only have the opposite effect on women :(

anybody wanna turn their daughter lesbian for €40 million pm me ;)

Nodin wrote: »
    Hmmmm?

Lets just say I doubt the 40m is the only package involved here...

(thats my last attempt at saying "I think its a dude!")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

So as far as the dad is concerned, there's no such thing as a lesbian woman, just a woman who hasn't met the right man?

Prehistoric attitude, surprisingly prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Still would.:o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Horrible father

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Nothing brings out my kind heart like a suitcase of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,995 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A foolproof method would consist of two lots of transgender and plastic surgery, but yer "bits" might not be up to it afterwards.

I'll give it a miss and die in poverty like the gypsy woman told me I would when I wouldn't buy the lucky heather.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Giselle wrote: »
    So as far as the dad is concerned, there's no such thing as a lesbian woman, just a woman who hasn't met the right man?

But he has been with 10,000 women. Surely he understands their nature by now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

76 years old though, people that age tend to get a free pass when it comes to homophobia, racism etc. Not saying it's right, but I wonder what will be deemed acceptable when I'm older that doesn't sit with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

She should pretend she's met someone and buy a new dad with the money.

Nope, jaw is non-dude like. She hasn't a load of gack on her face either.

(Don't start, yez filthy fucken animals. Down!!!!Down!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

It's not her heart he'd be winning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

davet82 wrote: »
    unfortunately i only have the opposite effect on women :(

anybody wanna turn their daughter lesbian for €40 million pm me ;)
    Is that like a superpower that can be used at any time? If you go into a bar can you turn any two women into uncontrollable lesbians for viewing pleasure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

phasers wrote: »
    Why doesn't yer wan find some enterprising young man, pretend to go out with him and then split the money? The Da is ancient, you won't need to pretend for that long. For $40m I'd marry anything

She's going to inherit billions anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Horrible father

I was thinking along the lines that
    "well at least his heart is in the right place and he's trying to do the best for his daughter" but he's clearly a sleazebag with an appalling lack of respect for women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sykk wrote: »

GiA highly successful businessman from Hong Kong has offered a $65m (£40.2m) dowry to any man who can win the heart of his lesbian daughter.

Cecil Chao announced the financial reward after his daughter,

Was expecting her name to be Chow Minge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I've lost count of the women who've tried to turn a gay mate of mine on a night out, that attitude is way more common than you'd think and it's not just amongst the older generations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Do you get the money for nailing her off the man who's been with 10,000 women?
    Or is he actually expecting the bloke to stick around as well?

Advertisement