Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor II

Options
  • 26-09-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

Anyone listened to this album yet? What are your thoughts.

I'm a massive Lupe fan. The first Food and Liquor is one of my all time favourite albums. Really enjoyed The Cool, but was dissapointed by Lasers, which seemed ridiculously compromised, with flavour of the month electro production and too many cheesy over the top choruses.

So I had some reserves going into this one. I've given it a couple of listens now, and I'll reserve judgement for a while. Lupe is one rapper who rewards repeat listening, with layer upon layer of wordplay and metaphor.

First thoughts however, are that it's a big improvement on Lasers. The cheesy choruses are still there, but restricted to a handful of songs. For a rapper who actually has something to say, I really don't get why he puts them in.

Overall, everything from production, to lyrics, subject matter etc sounds more focused, and Lupe's delivery has the conviction of his first 2 albums.

Best tracks are Lamborghini Angels, ITAL and Strange Fruition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I don't know if I've gone off Lupe or I need to listen to it again but nothing really jumped out and grabbed me. Its obviously better than his last mess so no doubt I'll give it another go.

The booklet of the cd is all completely black with no song names or info. Though there does appear to be credits under the tray which is also black. Didn't bother taking the tray out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I really hope this album is worth it. I was so disappointed with Lasers. I always liked Lupe because he seemed to be just that little bit different and outside the rap game in general and then Lasers was just a middle-of-the-road rap album. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

not bad
    some good songs
    a bit boring though
    no where near as good as F&L 1 or The Cool

Advertisement