Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Aid Instructor Courses

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi Folks,
    I've been contemplating doing occupational first aid instructors course.
    Not particularly looking to make any money from it, mainly for charity work, but the odd nixer would be no harm.

I've contacted all the main course providers in Dublin.
    Only one provider was able to give a straight answer on course placements for purpose of observing/assisting and then running course.. they were including these in their price of €1,500.

Has anyone any good or bad experiences, and any company recommended.

I understand if companies cant be mentioned on thread, so feel free to Pm me.

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

Hi Glencree

Did you have any luck finding a good course? I've just started thinking of doing the same thing, doing a bit of research but I don't know if there's much difference between them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Starfish90

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Glencree

Hi,
    I've put that in the long finger as I decided to Di dome study & exams for work.

Contacted all the course providers, as I said only 1 actually giving everything, the others were very vague about placements & would say it's up to student to show initiative to run courses, then company gets paid for & charge for examiners etc.
    Just finished my work exams so might get back to it, or maybe just look at doing more advanced first aid rather than instructing basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Companies can only give dates when they have OFA courses lined . Alot of companies are quiet this time of year . Most compsnies have a new training budget in jan and order and book their courses early in the year . Sooo that would ,ean your training company may not have enough on .

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

Thanks for the responses, I actually don't think I have the time to do it now but I'll consider it in the future :cool:

Just to update thread (since I've had a few messages asking same q).
    After a busy year I finally signed up for instructors course, mid July. I'll let ye know how it goes.

• Advertisement

Finally done and dusted, a lot of work involved..

Monitored sessions to be completed and then ofaa assessment.
    If I can be of any assistance to anyone let me know.

Advertisement