Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G L85A2 BB RIF vs WE L85A2 BB RIF

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

Would anybody be kind enough to shed some light on which of the 2 L85A2 RIFs mentioned in the title would be considered the better and why?

Although I am mostly an M4/M16 fan, there is just something about the L85/SA80 which appeals to me and I am considering picking one up. Just not sure which is the better option.

I have heard the the blowback on the G&G A1 caused problems with the gears and it was recommended to disable it and that this issue is supposed to be resolved in the A2 version.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭tonycombat

Have you checked out the ICS L85 A2?
    Have heard that semi auto on the G&G L85 A2 is problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Thanks you for your answer. I haven't checked out the ICS version. I was considering the 2 versions mentioned as I know that they are available in Ireland. The G&G in sgairsoft and the WE in airsoftguns.

I had heard that the blowback on the G&G A1 was problematic, but had read on 1 or 2 reviews that the issue was fixed in the A2 version.

Of the 2, personally I am leaning towards the WE as it is GBB as opposed to EBB which I think the G&G is. Looking on videos on youtube and the GBB just seems to be better.

I am mainly a collector, though I would like to try skermishing a some point, but I do enjoy firing my RIFs and when firing a BB L85, I would like the BB to function. I don't see the point of spending money on a BB RIF only to have to disable the BB to save the gears or piston.

Anybody else have any experience with either og these L85s or know the pros and cons of each?

TIA

***EDIT: Just looked at a youtube video of the ICS L85 and it does not appear to be a blowback RIF :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Between the two you've mentioned...

For skirmishing: G&G

For farting about with: WE

The blowback is obviously great in the WE, but GBB rifles are a pain in the arse for maintenance. Great craic, and really satisfying as a replica, but ultimately useless (and hideously expensive) for skirmishing. If you ever intend on taking it into a game, always go electric.
    If you are going electric in order to play, I'd give that ICS a look before dismissing it. No blowback means less to go tits up. Nobody is going to care about blowback when you're running between hedges. Going the G&G route with disabled blowback is just as good.

Advertisement