Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bb's fly straight then curve to the right!!!

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I know this has probably been asked before but on my last skirmish I found that the bb's start out straight after maybe 20-30 feet they hang a right. I know it's to do with the hop up but well I'm a shooter not a tech. I tried moving the hop around changing the spin, it worked for up and down nothing else they still fly right. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Trebob wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I know this has probably been asked before but on my last skirmish I found that the bb's start out straight after maybe 20-30 feet they hang a right. I know it's to do with the hop up but well I'm a shooter not a tech. I tried moving the hop around changing the spin, it worked for up and down nothing else they still fly right. What am I doing wrong??
    take your barrel out(its not hard) roll in on a table to see if its straight.also check if ur outer barrel is straight.then put the inner back in the hop up MAKING SURE its in straight. its got to be one of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

also clean the inside of your barrel with your jamming rod, wrap some tissue around the top of it and spray it with silicone grease

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

I knew it couldn't be the hop up as messing with it didn't do anything for the left to right motion of the bb. I strip and clean the rifle after every use barrell included so wouldn't be that. I never thought to see if the barrel was straight or not though so will try that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I know this is idiotic but could it be the wind? are you hold the gun straight?

I know this is idiotic but could it be the wind? are you hold the gun straight?

Hahahaha:D good man good man. I can safely say that it's not, I'm playing a few years now im new to boards but not the game I read wind conditions and compensate for them and hold my gun straight I'm just not the best with the tech side of it. Still though I had a good chuckle at that cheers man:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Dude its more a reflection on a mistake I would make than you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Like dinny said clean the barrel I'd personally use soap and water first on a bit of cloth then run a dry bit of lint free cloth through it to dry the bore of the barrel.

Silicone oil is a lubricant not a cleaner and can actually effect the performance if it gets on the hop-up rubber. The rubber runs on the principle of friction to create back-spin on the bb, if theres oil it cant grip the bb as it should. Oil also attracts dirt.

Id strip the hop-up chamber and reassemble, the nub might be slightly off and not seated in the barrel window.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Like dinny said clean the barrel I'd personally use soap and water first on a bit of cloth then run a dry bit of lint free cloth through it to dry the bore of the barrel.

Silicone oil is a lubricant not a cleaner and can actually effect the performance if it gets on the hop-up rubber. The rubber runs on the principle of friction to create back-spin on the bb, if theres oil it cant grip the bb as it should. Oil also attracts dirt.

Id strip the hop-up chamber and reassemble, the nub might be slightly off and not seated in the barrel window.

+1, I had this problem once and the nub was the cause of it.

Personally I wouldn't of used oil to clean it anyway made that mistake before like you said it attracts dirt in the barrell that causes friction and lessons performance. I'd usually just run a piece of dry cloth through it to clean it out. I will try warm soapy water though as I could miss stuff with just dry cloth.

It was a muddy weekend too!! I also thought that it could of been to do with mud and gunk but have played in much worse weather than that and never had a problem. Il do a strip of the gun do my normal cleaning job but try the soapy water on it too.

Is it hard to strip the hop up chamber? as i feel I could do more damage than anything else so wouldn't be too confident on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Is it hard to strip the hop up chamber? as i feel I could do more damage than anything else so wouldn't be too confident on that.

Not at all, have a look on youtube bound to be a tutorial on it. But its not rocket science if your anyway half decent with your hands you will be fine.

In a nutshell:

Switch off the hopup completely.

Twist the chamber off the barrel (the clip should just pop off) and gently remove the barrel and chamber make sure you don't lose the brass shim.

Remove the screw of the main wheel (the one for adjusting) and remove the cog.

Remove the clip clippy things holding on the remaining cogs and remove the cogs.

Remove the hop up arm, Make sure the nub does not fall out during this.

Clean everything and reverse the process making full sure that the packing seats perfectly in the barrel window you can easily tell this when you switch on the hop the packing should be visible and even.

• Advertisement

Not at all, have a look on youtube bound to be a tutorial on it. But its not rocket science if your anyway half decent with your hands you will be fine.

In a nutshell:

Switch off the hopup completely.

Twist the chamber off the barrel (the clip should just pop off) and gently remove the barrel and chamber make sure you don't lose the brass shim.

Remove the screw of the main wheel (the one for adjusting) and remove the cog.

Remove the clip clippy things holding on the remaining cogs and remove the cogs.

Remove the hop up arm, Make sure the nub does not fall out during this.

Clean everything and reverse the process making full sure that the packing seats perfectly in the barrel window you can easily tell this when you switch on the hop the packing should be visible and even.

Cheers man il try that if the whole cleaning thing doesn't help seems straight forward enough so shouldn't be too much hassle. Il also have a gawk on you tube see if I can see something about it first.

Advertisement