Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novice requires help...

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

bought a mac running Lion..had to restart on Sunday as it wouldn't close Word..
    When it finally restarted after a forced close down ,i cant open Docs that are word,pages can open them , word trys to open and the doc stays on screen for 20 seconds and just closes ,report comes up and i try the reopen button and word opens up..

Its wrecking my tree....;)

Really need to get the docs up and open for work..fast running out of time ,
    any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Check the console for error messages maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

jellyboy wrote: »
    bought a mac running Lion..had to restart on Sunday as it wouldn't close Word..
    That's a bit vague. Do you mean "close the Word window" or "quit Word"?
    Exactly how did you try to achieve it?
    jellyboy wrote: »
    When it finally restarted after a forced close down ,i cant open Docs that are word,pages can open them , word trys to open and the doc stays on screen for 20 seconds and just closes ,report comes up and i try the reopen button and word opens up..
    Exactly what did you force to close down and how?
    What was the exact wording of the report?
    What have you done to fix this?

Have you:
    Repaired Permissions?
    Run Applejack?
    Retrieved word from Time Machine backup?
    Reinstalled Word?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Navigate to:

<MacHD>/Users/<your account>/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates and delete the file "normal.dotm" and try it again.

If Word crashed it may not have saved this file before being forced to quit. This usually sorts out most Word problems on both Mac and PC.

Ken

Advertisement