Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting deeds from Bank of Scotland (Halifax)

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

I have a mortgage with Bank of Scotland, got before they jumped ship! My house is currently for sale (in fact its sale agreed) and we are having awful trouble trying to recover the deeds from the bank. My solicitor sent the request on August 8th, 7 weeks ago! They have rang them every other day but keep getting fobbed off. I have rang myself a number of times but am getting nowhere with them. We cannot create the contracts without the deeds and are worried the sale with fall through. Has anyone else had this problem with this bank? They have not rang back once after saying they would and need to be constantly called. I'm banging my head against a brick wall with them. Seems like they don't care as they are not in the country anymore and are closed to new business.:mad::mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What are they saying is the reason for the delay? E.g do they have to get them out of storage or something??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 niallerf

Yes each time they say they need to get them from storage but there is never any update. 7 weeks? Seriously ,where are they storing these things, Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

Lodge an official complaint in writing, then at least they will be obliged to investigate properly, keep you updated at regular intervals and have the matter resolved within 2 months or you can go to the regulator. Pretty sure the English Regulations are the same/similar to ours in this regard

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mullaneyk

Hi niallerf
    How long did it take in the end to get the deeds, I am in the same situation now waiting 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Teaandcoffee

As far as I remember they store the deeds to Irish properties in Scotland. A friend sold a property some years back and it took approximately two months to retrieve the deeds. There seemed to be a complete lack of communication and trust. Where you issued with a tracking number so you could personally ring Scotland for the update on recovery of deeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mullaneyk

Thanks for that, I will ring the solicitor in the morning and see if they have a tracking number.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't drag up old threads. If you have a question, it's probably best to PM the original poster. There's no guarantee they'll even be looking at this forum to provide you answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement