Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a pram

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to buy a pram, can anyone recommend a good pram and price?

I was looking on ebay, not sure would they be good quality?

Cheers for your help
    Nicky :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I got the Baby Elegance Neyo and I absolutely love it! Its really light and easy to get in and out of the car etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does anyone here have the quinny buzz 3? I wasnt mad about it to begin with but my god, they are everywhere and two people I know who have them love them. My concerns are:
    1. The back of it is very wide and I'm worried that it would be akward on Dublin bus which I do use from time to time
    2. the lack of storage for bags etc. did that bother those of you who have one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You need to tell us what you need it for? Is it just a pram that you need or a buggy that is also a pram?
    Do you want a travel system?
    DO you want it for city or country?
    DO you want it to fold as one or do you mind taking it apart?
    Price range?

Personally I can not find any advantage to the Quinny Buzz but they are fashionable,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You need to tell us what you need it for? Is it just a pram that you need or a buggy that is also a pram?
    Do you want a travel system?
    DO you want it for city or country?
    DO you want it to fold as one or do you mind taking it apart?
    Price range?

Personally I can not find any advantage to the Quinny Buzz but they are fashionable,

Hi Moonbeam,
    To answer your questions:
    1. I want a pram and buggy. We intend to use the pram for daytime sleeping.
    2. Not convinced about the travel system yet so I'm looking for opinions about the buggy alone.
    3. Mainly city use but I do walk alot so it needs to have some shock absorbency and alot of comfort for the baby.
    4. I dont mind taking the buggy/pram bit off to fold it but thats it. The chassis all needs to fold in one.
    I dont want price to come into it yet. I'd rather just get peoples opinions on the quinny.
    thanks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had the quinny frame with a maxi-cosi car seat. I have to say I did like it a lot. it looked lovely, and baby was well secured and comfortable in the car seat. It did the trick for my needs.

But, its bulky, and quite a heavy enough frame to be hauling out of the boot. You cant fold it up on a bus much beyond collapsing the frame, so you run the risk of the bus driver telling you to wait for another bus if he already has buggies/wheelchairs on board.

You wont fit much in the shopping basket. But I used to stand my shopper bag and kind of hook the handles around the car seat bit so was able to get the daily groceries. My nappy bag hung over the handle and I lengthened the strap to go under and around the car seat that way so it was tucked under the car seat.

After 6 months, the car seat plus the weight of him was getting increasingly heavier to lift from the car to the frame, so we had another buggy for an older baby which suits him now and will up until he is past toddling (and I can add the glider board if I have another child), and I'll be lending my quinny to the next preggers person in the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a quinny buzz when my first was tiny... it was second hand... but I had the unfortunate pleasure of it opening when I was on a Dublin Bus and sticking so I couldn't fold it down... that was some fun trying to drag a baby and a non folded buggy off an old, non wheelchair accessible bus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

We went for the Uppababy Vista travel system with adapters for the maxi-cosi car seat. We are extremely happy with our choice. It is easy to manovure and fold and it can be expanded to take a second seat should we need it down the line.

Advertisement