Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughing Championships Supplies!

Options
  • 25-09-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi guys! Im heading to the ploughing championships on thursday and was wondering where in limerick city would I be able to buy wellies and some wet pants nothing fancy needed as im a complete novice to it and im also on a budget! Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Barrys Hardware Shop on High St for wellies I'd imagine - good ones anyway, but honestly wouldn't have a clue as regards what you should be paying for them. However if you're on a budget maybe try B&Q or Homebase. Don't know if there's a farmwear supplies place in town any more (Boyds or Newsoms would have been ideal for what you're after but sadly, they're gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Dunnes for wellies! 20 quid, now dont get me wrong... They're traditional shamrock green wellies but mine have lasted me an unreal amount of festival lurking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Thanks lads! I'll head in and have a gawk around anyway! Still have to find wet pants somewhere! Should of them in Aldi when they were there!

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Thanks lads! I'll head in and have a gawk around anyway! Still have to find wet pants somewhere! Should of them in Aldi when they were there!

€14 for wellies in heatons. Did me the job for a few festivals this summer. They might do wet gear too

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Radar Stores in Foxes Bow should have wet pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

The dairygold / co op shops will have all you need

juneg wrote: »
    The dairygold / co op shops will have all you need

As in the one in Raheen? Or is there a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

yah, the one in Raheen. Sure they sell outdoor clothes for farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

You'll get decent dunlop wellies there (Coop superstore raheen) for 12-16 yoyo.
    They will have wetgear pants too. Although Aldi or lidl have cycle gear tomorrow and probably have water proof trousers for less.

http://www.coopsuperstores.ie/shop/product?id=1003&c=112
    12yoyos? Couldn't bate it with a shtick.

http://www.coopsuperstores.ie/shop/product?id=263&c=118
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_23657.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

TKMaxx for wet gear i'd say, i'd be surprised if they didn't do snazzy wellies also.
    heard some major horror stories about traffic for the ploughing match, tomorrow will be busiest day as weather is to be good, good luck, its a great day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Wellies by Dunlop in Raheen co op, 20 yoyo for 2 pairs. Michaerl Guiney's for wet pants, 2 piece suit for around a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Go out to the place in Raheen, and get proper wellies, not the pansy ones you see people posing in at festivals!

Cheers for all the replies ended up going to aldi and the co-op shop! great day out defiantly needed the pants and wellies or I would of come home in some state!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

STADEdeLUC wrote: »
    Cheers for all the replies ended up going to aldi and the co-op shop! great day out defiantly needed the pants and wellies or I would of come home in some state!

any delays with the traffic , heard it was bad in places ?

Advertisement