Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saint helens

Options
  • 25-09-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Any Saint Helens fans in Dublin?

Fancy a pint watching the games..
    Highly unlightly I'd imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

im a saints fan but i tend to be working when they are on
    this saturday included

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Big Saints fan here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brian_D

Saints fan here.
    Try to get over to a couple of games a year.
    Problem in Ireland is trying to find a pub willing to put on a league match

Brian_D wrote: »
    Saints fan here.
    Try to get over to a couple of games a year.
    Problem in Ireland is trying to find a pub willing to put on a league match

+1 on the pub thing.

You Irish by any chance?

• Advertisement

+1 on the pub thing.

You Irish by any chance?

Not that is matters, just in case.
    It was just in relation to the Jersey. It's a funny thing, as a Saints fan being Irish. The home jersey always bothered me as it is a resemblance to the English rugby union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not that is matters, just in case.
    It was just in relation to the Jersey. It's a funny thing, as a Saints fan being Irish. The home jersey always bothered me as it is a resemblance to the English rugby union.

There's no big red V on England's Rugby Union kit. It is the same colours as the St. George Cross but there are a lot of things that are red and white.

dooferoaks wrote: »

There's no big red V on England's Rugby Union kit. It is the same colours as the St. George Cross but there are a lot of things that are red and white.

Haha,

Thanks for stating the obvious.
    As a saints fan for years, I think by now I should have noticed a red V.

Over the years England's Rugby union top has been plain white with distinctive red flash. Just like the saints home jersey. So in motion I'm reminded a lot of the English team. It was just a passing question of a minor observation to an Irish Saints fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not a Saints fan myself, unless they are playing Wigan, but its great to have some kind of heritage with their kit being the same as it has for so many years. Following the Broncos (formerly the Quins RL, formerly the Broncos, formerly the London crusaders), and their ever changing kit, I am envious of a bit of stability!

Advertisement