Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire S - Data Disappearing - SD Card Issue?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Recently I have had problems with my stock Desire S.

My app 3 Cubed media player recently started mixing up the album art and loosing the playlists to which I attributed to bug with app. (reinstalled and cleared album art to no avail). Now it wont save a new playlist as it disappears after a reboot.

But then my alarm seemed to loose my Alarm tone (from SD card) and reset it randomly with any tune it finds.
    Also my albums in my gallery app (stock) disappears and after reboot it comes back.

This is becoming more and more regular occurrence and getting very annoying.

Ive tried taking out the SD card (when phone is off) and backing up the data, reformatting and putting the data back on the card. This has not worked.

So is there a currupt file on my phone or is my SD card going bad. This phone/card is 10 months old.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

my Ds has a weirdly similar issue. a while ago the call and sms tones just decided to change themselves. i just reseated the SD card, reassigned the tones and it seemed to work. i think one of the tones changed again since but i don't mind as i kinda like it. mine is not running stock and i've changed the rom that much that i couldn't tell you what i'm currently on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Ive reseated and reformatted the SD card and put the backed up data back on the SD card to no avail.

Ill try getting another SD card and see what happens using it

Advertisement