Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good price for a bulk del of turf?

Options
  • 25-09-2012 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Need to get winter supplies in soon - Was wondering if anyone had sourced some turf at a good price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Bad year for turf i suspect. Dry turf will be very expensive and in scarce supply. You want to buy turf a year in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Sorry John - missed your reply that time, appreciate the help......

- A year in advance? Am never on the ball it seems! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Why anyone burns turf in this day and age is beyond me.
    It's dirty, labour intensive to use and contributes to the destruction of habitat.

Out of interest how much does it cost per tonne now?
    I'd like to see how it compares with home heating oil etc in terms of cost per kilowatt hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

air wrote: »
    Why anyone burns turf in this day and age is beyond me.
    It's dirty, labour intensive to use and contributes to the destruction of habitat.

Out of interest how much does it cost per tonne now?
    I'd like to see how it compares with home heating oil etc in terms of cost per kilowatt hour.

We bought a massive load 18 months ago. It wasnt dry enough last winter. Cracking dry now though. The load was around 700. Cant remember the weight though or moisture content.

I like turf mixed with timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Think its about €90 a ton

Advertisement