Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpoint SH1TE dryer CTD000

Options
  • 25-09-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

I have a dryer hotpoint CTD000. It seems to be only half drying clothes. ie it only works when i have it on its hottest.

Anyone any idea what this could be and if so how to check and cofirm it is the problem

If i cant answer it i will just change the element but i want to make sure its not something small like a stat or something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Hi Joey,

The heater on that model is actually 2 elements in one, if one isnt working then you get half power, the heater does actually come with the stats attached and they sell for around €30, i would just order a heater.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi Joey,

The heater on that model is actually 2 elements in one, if one isnt working then you get half power, the heater does actually come with the stats attached and they sell for around €30, i would just order a heater.

Thanks. Thats what i am thinking, Its 50 gbp from hotpoint but there seems to be on for 30 plus delivery on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

20 quid plus vat from www.quinnspares.ie

Shop local.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

when you gave it on half heat is it cold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

reason I ask is that normally they don't condense properly causing the clothes to come out half dry or steaming damp and it's not the element it just needs a good flush out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No. The resaon is it wont dry the clothes on low heat. it requires high heat.

Advertisement