Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade or replace G&G CM 16 Raider L?

Options
  • 24-09-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Got this as my first gun a couple of months ago and while I have nothing but good things to say about her am now of two minds as to what to do next. Would I be better to upgrade the gun or replace with a higher spec weapon?
    As in do I have a good basic chassis to build on and with a new motor etc she'll be up there with those shiny high spec rifles that tease me from the pages of HobbyAirsoft and SG or am I better stepping up to the next price range and then upgrading from there?
    My problem is range :confused: when I play outdoors I can see my own BB's falling short while I in return am hit repeatedly with impunity. I have my hop up set just right and will be experimenting with heavier BB's this weekend
    Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has a painfully obvious solution. I am new and still wet behind the ears regarding all aspects of Airsoft except for getting shot. Gold medal at that
    BTW my bank balance is really on the "upgrade/be happy with what you have" side of the fence.
    Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

get a 6.01 tight bore barrel, and the likes of a shs clear/white hop up rubber and this should improve your range and grouping. what is your gun currently shooting at? maybe a spring change? bin the G&G motor asap and replace it with a gaurder durable or gaurder high speed revolution. total cost of the above less than €100, and you will see a vast improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭backthephilup

Thanks for that thermo
    According to G&G my inner barrel is 357mm. Can't seem to find that size on anywhere except Hong Kong and American websites or eBay sellers from same. Is this where most people source their parts from or do most go through their local Airsoft retailer? Spring , motor, and hop up are readily available from UK. Am going to need someone to fit the parts anyway. Again Airsoft retailer?
    Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i get most of my parts from either ehobby asia or hobby airsoft. maybe ring hobby and see what tight bore barrels they have in stock (and the other bits aswell). as for fitting the bits, where in the country are you? there are loads of retailers with a repair guy employed there aswell as lots of guys on here that would repair/upgrade guns as a sideline job.

Live in Wicklow but work in Finglas. SG would be my nearest retailer. Will send them an email or call in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Live in Wicklow but work in Finglas. SG would be my nearest retailer. Will send them an email or call in

im in thurs if ya need a hand :)

• Advertisement

I'd love nothing better than to call in thursday but I'm working late. I might be able to fly down on my lunch if we're not too busy. Although there is my problem with the pistol cabinet.......as in every time I go in to SG I buy something out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

everyones weak point :P

Advertisement