Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uh oh - "VeraLynn; GM fraud"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I lol'd !

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

Aye it's quite clear something is amiss.

As a senior member of the #starcraft.ie elder council I conducted an investigation into the matter.

Vera Lynn has deleted all means of reaching her. Her 6poolgaming page is gone, twitter gone, twitch stream gone, facebook gone.

The evidence is clearly overwhelming from the thread. Several reputable community members have backed it up including members of z33ktv.

So with this is mind #starcraft.ie has decided to suspend her from the organization pending the meeting of the elder council.

I would also like to point to some guy called boma? amoba? bomb? I dunno I've never heard of him tbh but anyway I am the best SC2 player in Ireland once again.

murph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

murphzor I thought A-Bomb was the best Irish player? You're the real fraud here

The starcraft.ie eldar council has agreed to expel vera lynn with immediate effect.

Also grimey, I will have you caned for your blasphemy. In the second motion of the night #starcraft.ie has agreed to declare me the best Irish sc2 player. It's official.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Apparently on her stream the only time she uses a cam is when she is going over 'her' replays and when 'she' is laddering there is no camera...? That in itself screams fraud, as does the fact that she just plays showmatches and never tournies.

As an aside, I have it from a number of sources that Murph is (a) in platinum and (b) plays LoL...

• Advertisement

Hey now that's just not reasonable....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

for what it's worth, im 99% sure when she played dragon on stream (and beat him 4 out of 5 times) her webcam was on while she streamed it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Beating Dragon eh? I guess that makes her at least mid-diamond...

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Have the fair city writers been at the starcraft community? :rolleyes:

I really struggle to see how this scheme seemed looked like a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 CallingYouOut

Disappointed to hear this, I remember her "first girl in GM" interview and thinking she was a bit filled with bull**** though! Harsh that we have no players actually making it into the "scene" unless its over something like this!

wait for it, abomb is gona take sc2 by storm

he's even better than murph, if you can believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This...is epic lols

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hercule wrote: »
    I really struggle to see how this scheme seemed looked like a good idea.
    Someone needs a mate/colleague to run ideas by....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

for what it's worth, im 99% sure when she played dragon on stream (and beat him 4 out of 5 times) her webcam was on while she streamed it

Doubtful

I am the 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, you have to admire the commitment to the lie. They kept it going longer than I would have thought possible. Must have taken some good co-ordination between them.

The romanian error messages on stream would be a clear "WTF?" moment for anybody watching and alarm bells would surely be ringing. The different hotkey and APM spam would obviously be very fishy aswell.

Having read her apology letter, I'm not sure I buy it. It appears to be an attempt to ward off any law suits. Some people may think that comment is a bit dramatic. "It's only a game man! WTF are you talking about law suits!". But she accepted prize money and coaching fee's under false pretenses. I mean it's basically fraud. She could end up in a bit of trouble over this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

pathological liar..

Advertisement