Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanussi zdc 47100w tumble dryer problem - need help

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Zanussi zdc 47100w starts its cycle. However after 1 minute approx all lights turn off on the dryer. It does not turn back on and the cycle does not finish.

When I turn it to the 'off' position and turn it to any cycle, all looks normal. The lights come on. I press 'start' button and the cycle starts again. But the same thing happens, completely switches off after 1 minute.

I cleaned all filters, emptied the water tank and cleaned the condenser unit itself. These were suggested in the manual as a troubleshoot, but it has not fixed the issue.

Am i looking at an electrical issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

Hi Loobz,

Have a similar problem with a similar machine. Only 2 years old and not huge amount of usage. Very disappointing. Just wondering did you manage to sort it? Was it expensive?

Thanks,

nmacu

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

nmacu wrote: »
    Hi Loobz,

Have a similar problem with a similar machine. Only 2 years old and not huge amount of usage. Very disappointing. Just wondering did you manage to sort it? Was it expensive?

Thanks,

nmacu
    Any heat when you open door?

The initial problem was that the dryer was cutting out with clothes still wet - so I had to turn it on a few times to get things dry but it's now at the stage where there's no heat at all. Even when the dryer was working properly, the sensor didn't seem great as even reasonably dry clothes would keep going for a longer time than you would expect. I'd hate to get rid of a fairly new appliance for lots of reasons but I'm wondering is it worth getting fixed when the performance wasn't great to begin with. If it's something small, I guess it's worth getting fixed but if I had an idea of what it might be and an idea of how much it might cost, it would help with the decision of bothering to get it done.

Thanks,

nmacu

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

nmacu wrote: »
    The initial problem was that the dryer was cutting out with clothes still wet - so I had to turn it on a few timeands to get things dry but it's now at the stage where there's no heat at all. Even when the dryer was working properly, the sensor didn't seem great as even reasonably dry clothes would keep going for a longer time than you would expect. I'd hate to get rid of a fairly new appliance for lots of reasons but I'm wondering is it worth getting fixed when the performance wasn't great to begin with. If it's something small, I guess it's worth getting fixed but if I had an idea of what it might be and an idea of how much it might cost, it would help with the decision of bothering to get it done.

Thanks,

nmacu
    Is it a condensor dryer?
    It could be any number of things from thermostat to heater to fan to pump if its a condensor.see if you can get some one to look at it with no call out charge and they will give you a quote.let us know how you get on.

It is a condenser. I'll try getting a call out and post when I get a diagnosis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement