Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tibia

Options
  • 24-09-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

This is for all the people in Ireland that play Tibia (OT or real). I've only ever met less than 5 Irish tibia players (one of which introduced me to the game-Anto from Westmeath if you're reading this...howiye) on my time playing on various servers so lets see how many there really is :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

There used to be a rake of lads form Athlone playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

There's a text-based game called Rots (return of the shadow) that I used to play religiously with some mates in secondary school. Over the years we've still tried to play and get back in touch to play and through playing, but the natural fact is the playerbase, and by extension the game; is dying.

I think games like Tibia and Runescape are the next ones to feel the pinch. The simple fact is free-to-play MMOs are becoming of too good a quality to really waste investing your time in an inferior 2D game. That is... unless of course you are already invested in it because you used to play it...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not sure this thread is going to see much in the way of other interested parties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

As above, when you have free to play games like Runes of magic, Allods, LOTRO and a few others being as good as most pay to play games around at the minute games like Tibia are going to die a slow horrible death.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Savage924

Ah there's always the nostalgia affect , if you've ever really liked Tibia (or a game like it) you will always love logging in to it :P IMO
    I like the whole oldschool feel of the graphics and whatnot also.

@Ivan I'll have to check out Rots :-)

Advertisement