Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help to pigeonhole experience to find suitable positions

• 24-09-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey all,

I am a Commerce graduate and worked for 3 years in a multinational IT company - the generic title I had was as 'Business Analyst'.

At the moment I am looking for jobs in Europe and I find it really hard to pigeonhole a role to search jobs in. Im not a traditional Business Analyst as I am not very techie and would not be up to date on programming languages etc. I usually search Office Admin/Support but these dont seem to return suitable roles

Heres roughly what I have in my CV for this (ignore usual CV waffle):
    - Problem solving and communication skills displayed to resolve systems and process support issues for all partners across EMEA.
    - Management of Partner progression through bi-annual reviews and weekly revenue and accreditation analysis. This activity involved pro-active communication with high level management and external partners EMEA wide.
    -Processing and validating all contracts with partners.
    -Collected, analysed and interpreted a wide variety of Channel Sales data to develop weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports for management at department and corporate level.

Essentially I was responsible for analysing revenue, training and sales of companies we worked with and then I created reports for Sales Managers and Account managers which were used to rank all these companies.

I also have used Salesforce.com and SAP and am very experienced in Excel and Access.

I know its a long post but any help from someone in recruitment or HR would be great - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I think the term Financial Analyst would probably be more appropriate to your skill set. The truth is the terminology is so wish washy these days that there could equally be jobs advertised as a BA that fit your skillset or requirements. Companies expect a lot more from employees these days and often roles can overlap greatly, especially those that relate to BA's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Batigol309 wrote: »

Heres roughly what I have in my CV for this (ignore usual CV waffle):
    - Problem solving and communication skills displayed to resolve systems and process support issues for all partners across EMEA.
    - Management of Partner progression through bi-annual reviews and weekly revenue and accreditation analysis. This activity involved pro-active communication with high level management and external partners EMEA wide.
    -Processing and validating all contracts with partners.
    -Collected, analysed and interpreted a wide variety of Channel Sales data to develop weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports for management at department and corporate level.

wishy washy is right. I tend to ignore CVs written in that language. Speak as if we are in an important meeting.
    Essentially I was responsible for analysing revenue, training and sales of companies we worked with and then I created reports for Sales Managers and Account managers which were used to rank all these companies.

I also have used Salesforce.com and SAP and am very experienced in Excel and Access.

I know the grammer isn't perfect, but I would prefer to read the above than the first bit. It makes it far clearer what you can actually do.

I think your CV would be much improved if you changed the language to be more punchy and straight than wishy washy.

Advertisement