Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One X - price dropped on Amzon

Options
  • 24-09-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

For those eagerly awaiting one of the best Android phones, the HTC One X price just dropped from around £450 (~ €565) to £379 (~ €475) on Amazon's UK site.

Time to switch from my trusty old SG2 :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

€475 for a phone, real bargain there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

jayteecork wrote: »
    €475 for a phone, real bargain there :rolleyes:

Not much of an upgrade over a SG2 either.

Like going from a 2012 Polo 1.2 to a 2013 Polo 1.2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

RoverZT wrote: »

Like going from a 2012 Polo 1.2 to a 2013 Polo 1.2 :rolleyes:

Well given that you have have travelled forward it time, it is quite the jump ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Fonez.ie have it for the same price sim free here afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

LakesKeane wrote: »
    €499 on fonez.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

This is a massive leap forward from the GS2 (480p resolution) to an HD phone. The one X is equivalent to the GS3 in terms of size and power and has an even better display. I strongly considered the One X before getting the S3. The only reason I chose the s3 is the replaceable battery. The slcd2 on the one x is simply stunning and non-pentile! Highly recommended phone!

Also, don't forget sense, which is a beautiful UI!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Adverts.ie ftw

I bought a brand new one X with beats headphones for 400 about 3 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just to let people know that the Amazon price with Irish VAT applied is €497.

Amazon charge the Irish Vat rate just to let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

I heard dodgy things about the X's battery life - i know there was a firmware update that might of improved it slightly. The best two phones at the mo are iphone 5 and GS3 IMO.

The X is not far behind though and as poster above said it actually has a better screen than the S3...no expandable memory is a big no no though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

jones wrote: »
    I heard dodgy things about the X's battery life - i know there was a firmware update that might of improved it slightly. The best two phones at the mo are iphone 5 and GS3 IMO.

The X is not far behind though and as poster above said it actually has a better screen than the S3...no expandable memory is a big no no though :eek:

Just ordered a white one SIM free - 460e :)

Never use an SD card. Plenty in the 32GB storage is loads for me. Love the screen and build.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

lertsnim wrote: »
    Rubbish

To be fair, if you look at it from a tech specs point of view then yes, the One X is the superior phone

But I think phones are rapidly approaching the point that PCs did a few years back. Incremental hardware increases but very little benefit to them.

I had a SGS2 as well and now have a SGN (Galaxy Note). Now admittedly I'm not a big gamer (that's why I have a PC when I feel the need) and don't download hundreds of apps, but there's nothing I have thrown at the SGN that caused it any issues so far. Things get even muddier if you Root and ROM it as then the problems could be a result of a ROM issue rather than the phone itself, but on the flip side, by doing so you generally get most of the new features from the newer handsets anyway.

So yes the new generation of phones have Quad CPUs and even bigger screens, but my SGN with it's 5.3" dual core setup is still perfect to me. I may ugrade to the SGN 2 a while after it comes out, but again that'll just because I like having new toys rather than a limitation of my current phone.

My 2c anyway :)

Advertisement