Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I put my iTunes library on my friend's 3GS???

Options
  • 24-09-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here can help me as I can't seem to find the answer anywhere!

I want to put my iTunes library from my mac onto my friend's 3GS. Can I simply just select manually manage music on my mac, then plug in her 3GS and drag my library onto her 3GS (like I have done before with iPods)? And then, get her to select manually manage music on her iTunes on her Windows PC for the future and everything should be ok??

Will this affect her from backing up her apps to her iTunes?
    Will this affect me from continuing to sync my iPhone 4S to my mac?

All help greatly appreciated :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

no you cant.

one device one library on iphones and ipads.
    I know you can do it with ipods but alas not with iphones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

no you cant.

Here is the same question on apples support forum being answered.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4048382?start=0&tstart=0

Or use Mac to iPhone to take the music from your Iphone to there iTunes on their pc/Mac then to the 3gs

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

no you cant.

one device one library on iphones and ipads.

What a balls! :mad: I rang Apple & they said that if I did this then the next time I plug in my 4S everything would be erased off it. I'm REALLY starting to hate Apple these days, they make everything so bloody complicated now instead of making life easy!!

Just after thinking though...could I copy my music from my mac onto an external hard drive & then plug that into her Windows and copy from the external hard drive to her Windows?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No big deal. If you acquired your music collection outside of iTunes then you can just your collection to a DVD/external HDD and give them a copy that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Graham wrote: »
    No big deal. If you acquired your music collection outside of iTunes then you can just your collection to a DVD/external HDD and give them a copy that way.

Brilliant. The majority of my music library is from my own CDs, only a small few stuff bought on iTunes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What a balls! :mad: I rang Apple & they said that if I did this then the next time I plug in my 4S everything would be erased off it. I'm REALLY starting to hate Apple these days, they make everything so bloody complicated now instead of making life easy!!

Just after thinking though...could I copy my music from my mac onto an external hard drive & then plug that into her Windows and copy from the external hard drive to her Windows?

Apple don't make it easy for you to pirate music???!?!? How dare they, the inconsiderate b*st*rds!

Advertisement