Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to promote ray foley

Options
  • 24-09-2012 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I think the time has come to replace ian dempsey with Ray foley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I do not subscribe to this idea.

Ian Dempsey is good in the morning. Ray Foley would make me change the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mr Freeze wrote: »

I agree with this poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

I can't stand Ian Dempsey but you just seem to be wanting to swap DJ's around for the craic.

O'Callaghan for Hector and now Foley for Dempsey. You're mad you are, mad

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Mr Freeze wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

This probably will happen eventually. Foley has often hinted at wanting the Breakfast show. Could see Foley taking breakfast, KC taking Foley's old slot and probably Louise Duffy taking Tony Fentons slot eventually too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

I think the time has come to replace ian dempsey with Ray foley.

Good lad Ray, hows it hangin?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Ian is not going anywhere for a long time.

How many different shows have 2FM put up against him?? 7 - 8 at this point and still he remains the most listened to show.

Ian is breakfast radio in Ireland, has being for 22 years, he is our Wogan. I agree the show did get really stale a few years back - he's still sloppy and cutting songs and talking all over vocals - but he is the No1 national music choice for alot of people and deserves alot of respect.

I'd love to hear Foley on a breakfast shift sometime, it's where he should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

LeakyGee wrote: »
    Ian is not going anywhere for a long time.

How many different shows have 2FM put up against him?? 7 - 8 at this point and still he remains the most listened to show.

Ian is breakfast radio in Ireland, has being for 22 years, he is our Wogan. I agree the show did get really stale a few years back - he's still sloppy and cutting songs and talking all over vocals - but he is the No1 national music choice for alot of people and deserves alot of respect.

I'd love to hear Foley on a breakfast shift sometime, it's where he should be.

Very true, People forget that Radio Ireland/Today FM was struggling badly before they lured Dempsey over with a 'name your price' offer.

He took his huge audience with him, and kept it. Ryan Tubridy was the only 2FM Breakfast Presenter to seriously challenge his numbers. Dempsey is a bedrock of their schedule and Today FM will be very slow to change him.

Perhaps 2FM should consider making a bid for Ray Foley, and put him on at Breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Skid wrote: »
    Very true, People forget that Radio Ireland/Today FM was struggling badly before they lured Dempsey over with a 'name your price' offer.

He took his huge audience with him, and kept it. Ryan Tubridy was the only 2FM Breakfast Presenter to seriously challenge his numbers. Dempsey is a bedrock of their schedule and Today FM will be very slow to change him.

Perhaps 2FM should consider making a bid for Ray Foley, and put him on at Breakfast.

No, because that would be a clever move and they don't do clever at 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I prefer Foley to Dempsey (and Darcy) but at the same time I kind of like him in the Lunchtime slot.

That said he probably has the right 'drive' for a breakfast show slot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't think it'll happen for another few years.

I'm a massive fan of Foley, and think he could do an excellent breakfast show, but as it is Dempsey is performing well. Now whenever a decent competitor comes on the scene maybe that'll change, but as it is there's no rational reason to cut open a schedule which is proving successful for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I have to say their was a time I loved ray folleys show, even used to listen to his podcast , but over the years I keep finding I switch my cd player on in car because I'm just not in the mood for the drivel , saying that I might just be going though the male saggy sack syndrome

Advertisement