Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Midleton

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm moving to Midleton next year and I am looking for a primary school for a 8yr old boy and 5yr old girl. They've been in a mixed national school but would like a school with smaller numbers in class. Can anyone recommend a good school in Midleton or the surrounding area? I saw a school in Saleen but don't know what it's like, will be renting house nearest to school, so if u knew of nice estate too then i'll be sorted ha. Thank you! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you want a "country school"?A Gaelscoil?An ET?Do you mean a smaller school or one where there are say only 20 in first class and that 1st class are not with any other class(as will happen in many smaller schools?)Will you be able to drive to a school some distance away?
    Here's a report on Saleen:
    http://www.education.ie/en/find-a-school/School-Detail/?roll=17600S

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mushypeagrace

A country school would suit, not a gaelscoil or ET. I have a car so that would be ok. Didn't think about them mixing classes together but would perfer not if possible. Just my son tends to get distracted quickly so a class with small numbers would be best for him as theres 30 in his class at the moment. Thanks for that website, very handy to check numbers etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Most classes will have at least 25 plus-either all in one year group or else two or more year groups together.I wouldn't dismiss two year groups at all,helps kids, as they hear material a few times!No matter how big/small the class the teacher will at parts of the day be working with different groups, so he'll find something to distract him if he really tries, no matter how small the class:p
    There's a school out at Ballintotis that would be relatively small ,if you want a country school.With the by-pass around Midleton centre you'd be out to some of the country schools faster than you would town ,depending on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mushypeagrace

Lol ya thats true he prob would find something :). Good point about mixed classes that would be of help to kids. I'll have a look into that school in Ballintotis. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement