Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant so soon after giving birth to my first child

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

has anyone fallen pregnant so soon after giving birth, my son is 14 weeks old and im worried i might be pregnant again . has this happened to anyone and how did you cope?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 firemansammie

my little man is 11 months and im 6 months pregnant:eek:, not exactly planned but cant wait!!! you'l be fine nice to have them close together!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I got pregnant about 16wks after no1 and it wasn't easy (or planned, esp as no1 took 6yrs of trying!) but with support from hubby and my family it worked out brilliantly. In the early days it was hard, esp to be dealing with weaning, baby food + morning sickness was horrible! Later on it was tough having a big bump and a small one that still needed lifting, carrying and physical help. But there was positives a plenty. No1 was too young to be jealous and adapted to the baby immediately. They are 13mths apart which means they are the best of friends and spend most of the day playing together. Close in age means developmental stages are similiar and the same books/toys/movies interest them both. No2 also learns and develops much much faster by learning from their sibling.

To be honest the early and end pregnancy will be hard on you all, no denying it. The first year of no2 will be relentless and exhausting, but also rewarding and you'll get used to the routine quickly. And after you hit the stage of two toddlers it will get a LOT easier, and in many respects it becomes easier than having just the one, because you'll not have to be primary source of company/entertainment etc.

First thing I'd say is go out and buy a preg test for yourself, that in itself will take the edge off the nerves (btw I did 5 tests on no2 before I believed it :P ) and you'll know whats ahead of you. You'll be fine BM22, its surprising how much you can achieve and persevere through when you have love to motivate you - and every baby brings a full heart to its mother when its born, even the ones we panic about when the tests come back positive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I loved reading those responses as my little girl is 7 months and I'm 8/9 weeks pregnant now. Delighted I just say... But we did try... Lunatics!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My first was five months old when I got pregnant on number 2 and number 2 was 9 months old when I was pregnant on number 3! You'll be fine!

Advertisement