Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscail Question

Options
  • 24-09-2012 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

Starting a dip in IT with oscail, the course is due to start today but i have not got any email from them. The timetable seems to be from last year. Going to sound like a bit of a noob question but how do you start? Theres stuff on maths in moodle do I just start reading that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

I'm doing another course with them which I was due to resume this semester as I had to defer. I've been trying to contact them for past week but with no success. Did you call them? I only get voicemail and nobody comes back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Thats strange. No I havnt called them yet just been going through the stuff on moodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Did you get your log on details. All the timetables are updated on moodle and the course content is there too.
    No hard copy are sent out unless you have requested them.

Log on to moodle, on the left, under "My courses" you should see the course you have signed up for.
    Click on course name and course material will be there.
    Check out "Assignments" at the bottom of the page if you want to focus you study.
    What have you signed up for, i done CT1, C1 and MS001 last year.
    If you have any other questions or problems, let me know.

Hi Ajc,

somebody was onto me Monday evening and have most sorted. Still trying to sort out fees as I had paid fully before deferring.

I did HS01, CT01 and MS01 myself. Well, as far as xmas.

ajc100 wrote: »
    Did you get your log on details. All the timetables are updated on moodle and the course content is there too.
    No hard copy are sent out unless you have requested them.

Log on to moodle, on the left, under "My courses" you should see the course you have signed up for.
    Click on course name and course material will be there.
    Check out "Assignments" at the bottom of the page if you want to focus you study.
    What have you signed up for, i done CT1, C1 and MS001 last year.
    If you have any other questions or problems, let me know.

Cheers ajc100
    Yea the course content came up later that day.
    Kinda feel im already a little behind, didnt realise how little maths I remember. Going through the pre-maths now, just have to put more work in now so i catch up later. Im doing MS001, C1 and HS1. Cant really do anything on C1 and HS1 yet as im waiting on the textbooks. What kind of hours did you have to put in last year?

• Advertisement

I found it very time consuming, it really is a full time committment if you're serious. I found Maths the toughest last year but probably could have put in more study, I was juggling too much with sickness in the family etc which eventually led me to having to defer.

One thing I have learnt is to start my assignments earlier!

missjm wrote: »
    I found it very time consuming, it really is a full time committment if you're serious. I found Maths the toughest last year but probably could have put in more study, I was juggling too much with sickness in the family etc which eventually led me to having to defer.

One thing I have learnt is to start my assignments earlier!

Yea have to say it feel like more full time that part time. Havnt even looked at the assignments yet, what are the assignments and exams like? someone said when they done the course the exam was a 3 hour hand written easay :eek:

Advertisement