Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gareth O callaghan

Options
  • 23-09-2012 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Gareth o callaghan is the greatest irish radio presenter of all time and those fools at RTE let him go. I know he is doing great on classic hits 4fm monday-friday 3-7pm but somebody of his talent should have a prime time morning slot on Radio 1 or 2fm. It is crazy that RTE put that annoying bogger Hector on 2fm breakfast when Gareth O Callaghan was clearly the man to save the show, well 2fm have got what they deserve now that hector has been a ratings disaster with just 130k listeners after two years in the job. If Gareth o callaghan was given the show 2 years ago, i think he would be taking in about 250k plus listeners by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

is this Gareth? new member and a rant about 2fm, I like hector in the morning think hes great actually, cheery and entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Anyone would be better than that copper topper idiot. He should be mucking out stalls back in Navan.

I can't stand Hector myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Does anyone remember yer wan "Lucy" from fair city believe she was a mate of "Gareth o Callahan"
    Oh you never heard of Gar.........

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Oh how I used to hate Gareth O'Callaghans show in the afternoons. He was terrible.

I like Hector's show in the morning. His genuine enthusiasm can be infectious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

17larsson wrote: »
    Oh how I used to hate Gareth O'Callaghans show in the afternoons. He was terrible.

I like Hector's show in the morning. His genuine enthusiasm can be infectious

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Gareth "love the show" o' callaghan in the afternoon is cheesier than a pallet of easi singles. Cringeworthy. Also does my head in that he keeps referring to "the afternoon" when it's coming up to 7pm on a dreary dark evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Gareth "love the show" o' callaghan in the afternoon is cheesier than a pallet of easi singles. Cringeworthy. Also does my head in that he keeps referring to "the afternoon" when it's coming up to 7pm on a dreary dark evening!

Ah but whos cheesier ocallaghan or fenton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

neris wrote: »
    Ah but whos cheesier ocallaghan or fenton

Gareth, easy! At least Tone knows he's pure cheddar, or at least I hope so. Having said that, at least Gareth sounds like he's enjoying himself. 4FM does seem very slickly put together - catchy jingles, etc. 2FM could learn more than a thing or two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Bazzer2

I always got the impression that Gareth just likes the sound of his own voice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

This is quickly just turning into an abusive thread. the OP has closed their account and i really can't see a reason to keep this open. If you care to think otherwise, let me know but until then, Topic and thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement