Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Select Seats on Aer Lingus

Options
  • 23-09-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

I've booked tickets to JFK from Dublin in a couple of weeks with Aer Lingus and as part of the booking process it asked me to pre-select seats. There wasn't two together outbound without having to pay €20 per seat but I selected two on the inbound flight

My question is, do you HAVE to pre-select seats or just wait until Check In?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,169 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can wait until check-in - either online or in the airport. Seat selection is free at that point.

There may not be two available together at check-in either, but its not that likely, as all the "premium" seats get released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

The €20 extra seats for rows 9 and 10 on the EI A330's are well worth the extra few bob.

The seats are located between the Business Class (to the front) and behind you is the Galley and Toilets. The advantages of this cosy seating area are:

- You are away from the main economy class cabin thus it is very peaceful.
    - In Dublin you get priority boarding after Business Class. Didn't get this in JFK when they loaded from the rear of the plane towards the front (Business Class excepted).
    - You get off the plane first, depending on cabin crew even before Business Class.
    - Being next to the Galley you are the first to be served your meal. Thus ensuring your choice is available.
    - Row 9 is the better of the two rows as it offers better leg room and the person in the window seat can get out without disturbing the other passenger.

I can't recommend it highly enough and when I fly to the USA I always book seats in this area.

The Wanderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Have Aer Lingus Dublin - MCO (Orlando) direct flights for 7, booked via United, who say Aer Lingus have to assign seats. Aer Lingus are saying "NO!", do it at the airport. Previously have always booked US flights direct with Aer Lingus themselves or Trailfinders, and was able to pick seats at time of booking (or after) for no charge. It will be a disaster not to all be across the same row (for us and fellow passengers). Needless beauracy and airport stress. Getting there earlier than our usual 3.5 hours no guarantee. Anyone any ideas? Jamie?? Called the 818-number. Any alternative or e-mail please? Can't locate one on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Have Aer Lingus Dublin - MCO (Orlando) direct flights for 7, booked via United, who say Aer Lingus have to assign seats. Aer Lingus are saying "NO!", do it at the airport. Previously have always booked US flights direct with Aer Lingus themselves or Trailfinders, and was able to pick seats at time of booking (or after) for no charge. It will be a disaster not to all be across the same row (for us and fellow passengers). Needless beauracy and airport stress. Getting there earlier than our usual 3.5 hours no guarantee. Anyone any ideas? Jamie?? Called the 818-number. Any alternative or e-mail please? Can't locate one on their site.

If you have always booked direct then what changed this time. AFAIK EI will only assign seats when booked with them so its will be luck of the draw on the day. Have you checked if you can manage you booking through Aer Lingus site, it may work but there could be a change to do it.

Thanks Jamie! No, can't manage booking on EI site. Will try mailing (anyone). Booked via United for price http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81515467

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aer Lingus have a Facebook page, message them and they may be able to help.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus have a Facebook page, message them and they may be able to help.

Join FB?! Never :eek:

Had another go and called their Helpdesk local number, no wait. Was told to call United (again) and I said Aer Lingus needed to do it (again). Seats were immediately assigned. They should have done it the first time. Took a minute. Europe and Rest of World Tel: + 353 1 886 8505

Advertisement