Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second time lucky

Options
  • 23-09-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I failed my driving test by one mark a few months ago and im only getting around/ can afford to book a new one now.

I'm living in south dublin, i took it in churchtown before and had a horrible examiner( well i suppose anyone who failed would say the same).

I was thinking of taking it in a different centre on the southside, does anyone know which would be the easiest one pass in or one which generally has a high pass rate/nicer examiners because the last guy was horrible.

Also i've heard that if you take the test at the beginning of the month its easier to pass because they haven't reached their quota of passes yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I don't believe that quota thing or any other conspiracy theories about testers. I've just passed my test first time, in an area with a 41% approx pass rate. I know others who failed several times here, but I put my pass down to doing things the right way, ie getting lessons from a professional, getting lots of practice with a driver beside me and knowing how to drive. I had heard lots of 'that centre doesn't pass first time test takers' or 'they decide to fail the first person of the day' and the like, but I did my homework, learned how to drive (at considerable time and expense) and when I did make a silly error at the start of the test, I drew a line under it and kept going.

Advertisement