Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skybet Warning

Options
  • 23-09-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just opened a new account with SkyBet late last month. Have had 3 bets with them - one pending (rugby), one winner (NFL) and one loser (NFL). I went to place another NFL bet but noted my account has been restricted. After querying it and getting some spiel about a "betting pattern", which they then couldn't explain, they eventually summarised that I'm restricted because I've won from the site. After two settled NFL bets !!!

Don't usually post items but feel its important to warn others about this joke of an outfit. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

GJC8 wrote: »
    Just opened a new account with SkyBet late last month. Have had 3 bets with them - one pending (rugby), one winner (NFL) and one loser (NFL). I went to place another NFL bet but noted my account has been restricted. After querying it and getting some spiel about a "betting pattern", which they then couldn't explain, they eventually summarised that I'm restricted because I've won from the site. After two settled NFL bets !!!

Don't usually post items but feel its important to warn others about this joke of an outfit. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

you claim that you had one winning and one losing nfl bet, then you claim that you are restricted because of two settled nfl bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GJC8

flutered wrote: »
    you claim that you had one winning and one losing nfl bet, then you claim that you are restricted because of two settled nfl bets.

Hi Flutered, by "settled" I mean realised (i.e. expired) - one winning one and one losing one. Hardly pattern defining !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Nowadays it's not jsut the P&L, it's about the nature of the market, what happens to the price after you back and whether the price is best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

They want the sort of customers that do premier league accumulators. Generally speaking they are a poor bookie lurning in 18-20 year old bettors with a free tenner as for most people their first account is the one they lose most money to.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

This is common practise with most bookies.this is why "the house always wins" ,because they bar/restrict winning gamblers.Forget the pussy bookies with all their bs,just use Betfair,they will never restrict you,if you must use a bookie try pinnacle, very good odds and they won't piss their pants if you do happen to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Football Gambler

GJC8 wrote: »

That's shocking, just two settled bets!!! Where they big bets? (If you don't mind me asking)

As someone already said on here, they only want losing punters betting with them...

I used to work with a bloke who knew Speedway inside out, he had to drive around loads of different bookies, placing loads of small bets, every time he wanted a large-ish bet (approx £200-£300), as all his phone/online accounts were limited, if he wanted to bet on Speedway.

I assumed it was because Speedway is probably a less frequently bet on sport, so he must have stood out like a sore thumb. And there was probably a reasonable possibility that he knew more about Speedway than the bookies odds compilers did.

NFL, I would imagine is gambled on a hell of a lot more, I see it all the time on my Twitter feed. So to single someone out after two bets sounds pathetic.

Advertisement