Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hawks in the garden?

Options
  • 23-09-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi, just wondering if you are supposed to submit a record or something if you have hawks or falcons in your area..i do a bit of shooting and anything i shoot i leave out in the field and all sorts of hawks and falcons have it gone within minutes.. thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

There are a number of places you can submit your sightings:

-BirdTrack (used by BirdWatch Ireland)
    -National Biodiversity Data Centre

Recording sightings is completely voluntary, but helps nature conservation organisations keep track of the current populations of birds and other animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

benjii187 wrote: »
    hi, just wondering if you are supposed to submit a record or something if you have hawks or falcons in your area..i do a bit of shooting and anything i shoot i leave out in the field and all sorts of hawks and falcons have it gone within minutes.. thanks
    What are you shootin with and what bullets/cartridges you usin
    Are bullets lead point and pellets lead as the lead will poison them
    Hawks I wouldn't bother as buzzards are now takin over
    Falcons is different as they hardly spotted
    If you spot a hawk that is not a buzzard or a kite I can on my number and you can ring me and describe it as it could be a lost hawk and I can ring around some lads and ask if anyone lost one
    Most common would be a Harris hawk be darkish with a red colouring aswell like the hawk I have
    If they are in your garden and are not frightened of you around them more likely a lost hawk

Advertisement