Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living around Mill road

Options
  • 23-09-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am planning to move to Greystones and looking to buy our first family house. However, most popular areas in Greystones (along Church Road, Rathdown road) seem to be very expensive so I am looking in the other side of the town around Mill road.

Can someone suggest how the estates around this area (Millbrook, Burnaby Mill and park etc) are in terms of safety and also neighbourhood? Are there any problems around this area?

Also are there any buses on this road (Mill road) for Dublin center?

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, I live in Burnaby park and its a very nice estate. Handy to town, the pool etc. Its very quiet and the neighbours are v nice. The only thing I would say is that there isn't alot of younger families on the road - you might look on this as a good thing though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shaileshbk

Thanks for the quick response and the information. Do you have any knowledge about Millbrook estate? Also, is there any bus from the main road to Dublin city center? I work in the city so wondering what will be my options from this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

shaileshbk wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response and the information. Do you have any knowledge about Millbrook estate? Also, is there any bus from the main road to Dublin city center? I work in the city so wondering what will be my options from this area.

Hi there,

I live in Millbrook and it is a quiet cul-de-sac with 10 houses. It is a great location for access to Greystones, Dart, swimming pool and all of the main Sports clubs in the area. The area has improved a lot in recent years and there is active community involvement in keeping the area in good condition. Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
    Regards,
    -P

Thanks Patrick. I will be visiting the area this Saturday and do some homework based on the info you guys gave. Will let you know if I have further question. Really appreciate quick response and all the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smartgirl2012

Hi, I live on mill road in burnaby lawns. It's a lovely estate, has really matured over the last few years, very well maintained common areas thanks to the great estate committe. It has a mix of older people and families, lots of open space for kids to play.The transport is next to nothing with the 84, 84x184 and the dart just a short walk away. It's also very accessible to all amenities and recreational facilities also. Good luck with your search!

• Advertisement

Thanks Smartgirl. I was there last weekend. Loved the place. Now just waiting to find the right house in that area. I didn't see much children in the area though. I have 2 kids so it will be good to have few around to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smartgirl2012

There area real mix of people and from what I can tell there are a lot mor children to the back of the estate rather then the front! Good luck with your search :)

Thanks Smartgirl. Checking few properties in this area. Yes we will need that good luck :)

Advertisement