Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyway of getting the grant back?

Options
  • 23-09-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi ,I was in college in 2010 then due to mental illness I attended college counselling / getting medical help and the college staff took note of this then in feb/march I dropped out and couldn't cope . I had the student grant also but due to me dropping out is the possibility of getting it back gone? I really want to go back to college next september

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaflin

Normally if you drop out you gotta do an equivalent period of study before you can qualify again.
    Though if it was for medical reasons and you can back that up they can waive that rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

Have to agree with Kaflin - if you can get ( you might already have done this) the college to waive tuition fees for repeating the year, you might have a chance with the grant authority. Get your medical evidence together and go see them.

You'll need a detailed letter from the doctor(s) you saw (a standard cert will not do) and confirmation from the college that they're not going to charge you fees to repeat.

Advertisement