Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosanna Davison on the late late

Options
  • 23-09-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

Is is just me or were all the female guests chosen to make her look her a complete airhead? she has her looks and the fact that she is daughter to a one famous singer, but that is it. on the other hand you had a Polish girl who walked the country with a donkey, a femininist author and a doctor. I notice Rosanna shook the doctors hand instead of the usual kiss and hug. she must have been feeling deeply uncomfortable by that stage,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ she's a very media savvy and clever girl imo....knows how to play the media and public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

^ she's a very media savvy and clever girl imo....knows how to play the media and public.

media savvy definitely. The doctor was not too bad looking and had something intelligent to say. Rosanna can only talk about her appearance and appears somewhat shallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Not sure what you were expecting? What else has she done thats news worthy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosanna_Davison

It seems to me this was an attempt to gain more celebrity. Can't blame her for that. Its her job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 coolgal52

Rosanna is very pretty and I think intelligent too so I doubt she feels threatened by other women on the show she has her own thing going on!!

coolgal52 wrote: »
    Rosanna is very pretty and I think intelligent too so I doubt she feels threatened by other women on the show she has her own thing going on!!

She's one of these types that puts everything down to women being jealous of her, typical model type.

• Advertisement

I'm not jealous of Rosanna, yes she is a beautiful girl who seems to be academic also but I cannot for the life of me understand why she felt the need to bare all in a lads mag.....I mean does she really not mind the idea that there will be men of all shapes and sizes locking themselves into small spaces to 'pleasure' themselves while looking at her image? surely she thinks more of herself then that? She tried to say she did it because her body is nothing to be ashamed of..fair enough but bare your breasts as part of a breast cancer awareness campaign then! why in top shelf mag? No matter how 'artistic' she thinks they look she is almost naked, trying to look sexy/sulty in what is lets face it a mag solely bought by men to 'get off on'.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

I'm not jealous of Rosanna, yes she is a beautiful girl who seems to be academic also but I cannot for the life of me understand why she felt the need to bare all in a lads mag
    €XXX,XXX

Simple as. Ain't getting any younger. Lots of dough needed to keep her in the life she is accustomed.

€XXX,XXX

Simple as. Ain't getting any younger. Lots of dough needed to keep her in the life she is accustomed.

Of course she'll deny that and say it was for "the challenge".....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

I cannot for the life of me understand why she felt the need to bare all in a lads mag.
    She may have been hoping to be featured again in Playboy's US edition, but that's unlikely to happen. Very few models who've posed for the German edition have cracked the US market. Ursula Buchfellner, who appeared in the December 1979 German edition and turned up in the US edition two years later, is the exception that proves the rule.

Also, the fact that Davison was marketed by Playboy as Chris de Burgh's daughter was meant to identify her for a German audience, given her dad's popularity in that country. Playboy may not think she has wider appeal. If they did, presumably they would have marketed her more prominently as former Miss World.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

It was for the challenge! You try getting your baps out....... for a couple of thousand Euro.........On a beach in some exotic location........
    Its CHALLENGING !!!!:rolleyes:

As if she did it for money !:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Taking your clothes off is a challenge now? Jeez, and to think I do it almost every day! I must be some kind of pro. :)

marbless wrote: »
    She may have been hoping to be featured again in Playboy's US edition, but that's unlikely to happen. Very few models who've posed for the German edition have cracked the US market. Ursula Buchfellner, who appeared in the December 1979 German edition and turned up in the US edition two years later, is the exception that proves the rule.

Also, the fact that Davison was marketed by Playboy as Chris de Burgh's daughter was meant to identify her for a German audience, given her dad's popularity in that country. Playboy may not think she has wider appeal. If they did, presumably they would have marketed her more prominently as former Miss World.

when Tubridy introduced her to the guests he mentioned who her father was. maybe that is how she won miss world. without her famous father she would not be in the limelight.

It was for the challenge! You try getting your baps out....... for a couple of thousand Euro.........On a beach in some exotic location........
    Its CHALLENGING !!!!:rolleyes:

As if she did it for money !:cool:

glenda gilson who is liam lawlors niece, and pippa o connnor(not sure what connections she has) need to so something to hog the limelight.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    glenda gilson who is liam lawlors niece, and pippa o connnor(not sure what connections she has) need to so something to hog the limelight.

They will....Rosaana opened the door for all these girls to get their baps out, sure tis ok and accepted now.

pippa o connnor(not sure what connections she has)
    sister of Cian O'Connor (Olympic medalist)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I'd say Rosanna was livid over the Kate Middleton pics, they came out at the wrong time overshadowing her.

Phoenix magazine has a spoof "news story" in which Rosanna explains why she posed for German Playboy: "I, like, wanted to show Angela Merkel that people in Ireland can no longer afford clothes!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

so she went for him ,i guess old heffo was not interested in her after all

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

Of course she'll deny that and say it was for "the challenge".....rolleyes.png

or even better, she'll say it was art, and something she can look back on in years to come and show her grandchildren.

"whats that?, she did say that" :rolleyes:

Rosanna D said she'd feature in the April 2013 edition of US Playboy, but my NY sources tell me there's no sign of her in the latest issue. (The April Playmate is a gorgeous newcomer named Jaslyn Ome, by the way.)

• Advertisement

lol....so no more about her US Playboy shoot then eh?....the plan didn't quite go to plan, did it Rosie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

She's one of these types that puts everything down to women being jealous of her, typical model type.

How do these types cope when they age, I always wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

marbless wrote: »
    Ursula Buchfellner, who appeared in the December 1979 German edition and turned up in the US edition two years later, is the exception that proves the rule.

And Buchfellner was a Teutonic ridebag who put Rosanna in the shade. :)

Rosie D is scheduled to appear on RTE tonight with Brendan O'Connor. What more could you ask for?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I think many people forget that Davison's playboy magazine was over a year and a few months later than when she said it would hit the shelves. She kept 'negotiating'. What more than likely happened was that she got breast augmentation (a boob job) since her chest was noticeably bigger months before the shoot. (She tried to claim it was a new bra.) By the time the magazine arrived, rumours had been circulating that she was paid a 6 figure sum, but most believe it was probably a 5 figure sum, and the low 5 figures. Katy French was offered something like 30 grand (she claimed) and turned it down, so I doubt Rosie D got much more, especially since French was offered that during the boom times. And Rosie D's star has faded.
    She really failed to capitalise on her Ms World win, didn't she? She was supposed to go into TV presenting, but nothing transpired, and any project that seemed to crop up, other folks beat her to the punch. In the almost 10 years since her win, she just seemed to absolutely fall by the wayside. Or should that be fail by the wayside?

1 million dollars.......

Huh? What about 1 million?

Huh? What about 1 million?

The Sun....her US Playboy shoot is coming out, but we've heard that about three times now.

The other news outlets I have looked at say that it is about half that, and nowhere near 1 million dollars.
    But then again, Davison often comes out with some hilarious 'white lies', that can easily be refuted with some investigation. (her claims that dairy causes cancer is based on a study that is so [EMAIL="half-@$$ed"]half-@$$ed[/EMAIL] that it would make one blush to even admit they based their research on it, since it has been easily refuted by more intrinsic research.)

• Advertisement

her US Playboy shoot is coming out, but we've heard that about three times now.
    This time it appears to be true. Playboy's site lists "former Miss World Rosanna Davison" among the content that will feature in the next edition of the magazine.

Advertisement