Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormant O2 e-mail account preventing MS Outlook opening.

Options
  • 23-09-2012 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Good morning peeps, I hope you can help me. I had been successfully using Ms Outlook for my e-mail accounts, calender, contacts etc. O2 in their wisdom shut down all e-mail acounts earlier this year. Since then, when it tries to load, it fails to connect with the O2 server and shuts down Ms Outlook. It then asks me to insert my original Outlook disc, but despite turning the house upside down in the meantime, I cannot locate it. I am running Windows 7.

Can anybody please assist me with a solution or a workaround???

Thanks in advance,

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

If you haven't deleted the MSOCache folder, you may be able to run setup from a local source for a repair installation.

Other than that you're pretty much SOL without the disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

there should be a mail icon in the control panel, you should be able to edit/create a new profile there, to get you up and running with a new provider (gmail etc).

depending on how you had your existing outlook profile configured, you might be able to open a local pst, with all your mails etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Torqay - I will try that out soon and revert.

kierank01 - I visited that area in the Control Panel and managed to delete the O2 account. I tried loading MS Office again, but same message appeared. I will post it later.

Thanks to you both for your assistance.

T

Advertisement