Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Cards, Registration Problems and Access to the Library...

Options
  • 22-09-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Right now, I'm still unable to register, and I'm supposed to be picking up my student card Monday next week. (I'm assuming here that it's necessary to have registered before being able to collect a student card). I know I'm not alone in this situation, and it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that there will be no change in my registration status by the time Monday week comes around.

So, seeing as in previous years, it was necessary to supply a current student card to gain access to the library, I'm wondering will this affect my ability to gain access to the library, which is kinda a necessary resource in a university, or will library staff be aware and sympathetic to the situation a lot of students are in. I don't really care about registration cock-ups until they start affecting my academic life, especially in a year that counts towards my degree.

Anyone know? Unshelved perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

In previous years, the date for my student card collection has always been in the 2nd week of college. Until then, the library always allowed me to use my old card for entry and taking out books.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Should be grand so

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

No one on my course who sat supplementals can register yet (regardless of whether they passed or not) it's such a joke! And we've been back for the last 3 weeks...........

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Just in response to the original question, your 2011-2012 College ID card is valid until the end of September, or until it is superseded by this year's one. So you can use this in the Library until your registration issues are sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I sat supplementals (well, deferred an exam)....payment wouldn't go through on Friday. It worked today. I'd imagine they hired someone who can use a computer over the weekend to fix the system.

Advertisement