Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeat final year on btea

Options
  • 22-09-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

hi all,

Due to health/illness reasons I have to repeat 5 modules out of nine from my final year in college. I have been on btea for the last 3 years and was wondering if I would be entitled to this for the repeat year. Two of the modules are year long with the rest spread across both semesters. As per the college registration office I will have to register as a fulltime student to repeat the year.
    Would anyone here have any experience of something similar, or would you know what steps I would need to take to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
    Freebee23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

freebee23 wrote: »
    hi all,

Due to health/illness reasons I have to repeat 5 modules out of nine from my final year in college. I have been on btea for the last 3 years and was wondering if I would be entitled to this for the repeat year. Two of the modules are year long with the rest spread across both semesters. As per the college registration office I will have to register as a fulltime student to repeat the year.
    Would anyone here have any experience of something similar, or would you know what steps I would need to take to get the ball rolling so to speak.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers
    Freebee23

Hi all,

I got no feedback from above so spoke with my local unemployment office and reapplied to Social Welfare for BTEA citing medical reasons, still have not heard back from them as of yet. Does anyone know how strict they can be regarding not repeating all of the modules from the repeat year as I did pass the ones that I was fit to sit, so just doing the modules that I missed due to illness.

Cheers,
    Freebee23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got no feedback from above so spoke with my local unemployment office and reapplied to Social Welfare for BTEA citing medical reasons, still have not heard back from them as of yet. Does anyone know how strict they can be regarding not repeating all of the modules from the repeat year as I did pass the ones that I was fit to sit, so just doing the modules that I missed due to illness.

Cheers,
    Freebee23.

Hi,

It is my understanding that usually they do not pay BTEA if you are repeating a year but I think this is probably in place because then you would have a load of dossers, dossing and getting paid to. However, in your situation I can't see a problem, especially as you passed some modules from the year and not others. Have you any medical documentation to prove your illness? If you have I can't see there being a problem at all but even if you don't it can be easy to spot a genuine case, they interview so many people they know the chancers. Good luck.

Advertisement