Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Transport Police, now open for new recruits ...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I believe they're a good force alright. I am pretty sure the 3 year residency rule applies to BTP as to all other forces in England and Wales though - doubtless that will catch out a few hopefuls from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Delancey wrote: »
    I believe they're a good force alright. I am pretty sure the 3 year residency rule applies to BTP as to all other forces in England and Wales though - doubtless that will catch out a few hopefuls from here.

A few forces seemed to be willing to waive it for Irish applicants, I'll drop them an email and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boyeen30

My ex g/friend is/was BTP. Their Nicknamed (Be There Probally)

Anyway Its a good point, I'm fairly sure this doesn't apply for Irish applicants tho ( well not for me, but that was years ago) ... But it could have changed now as its all been overhauled how to get in to a regular PC job. I do know a Kerry lad that's joined TVP Police and 99% sure he came straight over. It's odd tho that every force is different isn't it. I'd be interested in their reply. I do know it can be more difficult to transfer out from BTP to other forces as their not a regular home office force as such. ( different training and powers and work experience) We have one such officer and he's useless .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭B2deF

I emailed them and they said the residency rule applies and Irish people will not be considered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement