Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackpad clicking noise - faulty?

Options
  • 22-09-2012 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have the new macbook pro, I got it about a month ago. I am now hearing a tapping/clicking noise whenever I touch the trackpad. Its worse on the lower left side and gets better as I move away from there.

Is this normal? Or is it something I should worry about? Its getting annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is that like a mouse clicking sound or is it loose? If you press on it hard, does it click on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I had a similar problem. I solved it by unscrewing and removing the bottom of the laptop, and I tightened a few screws surrounding the trackpad. One screw was very loose. That solved it. You'll need a smalls screwdriver but apart from that it's very easy to do and worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

miralize wrote: »
    Is that like a mouse clicking sound or is it loose? If you press on it hard, does it click on screen?

Yes it sounds like its loose.

If I press down hard on it then it stops for a while.

Advertisement