Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing student email

Options
  • 22-09-2012 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

How do you access student email? I've just realised i have no idea how to do that..:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Have no fear, Icarus Wings IT support™ is here! :p;) No harm in familiarising with this one. I'm not sure whether you wish to access it from the college or home so I'll just go through both! :)

In the college -
    1. Once you're logged on to a computer, click the Windows icon at the bottom left of the screen.
    2. The option "All Programs" should appear in a list directly above the icon.
    3. Click "All Programs" to fire up a list of different programs.
    4. Head to the folder called "Microsoft Office".
    5. Open the folder. This opens up a list of Microsoft programs on the computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.). The one you're looking for is Microsoft Outlook. It has a little yellow icon beside it.
    6. Open Microsoft Outlook and keeping clicking "Next" as a number of messages appear on the screen. Finally, click "Finish".
    7. It'll ask you to add a hotmail account, but save yourself some hassle and click "No".
    8. Wait a few seconds and you'll have access to your email.
    At home -
    1. Head to www.webmail.mic.ul.ie
    2. Type in "micstudent/Your ID Number" as the Username.
    3. Type in your password that you use to log on to college computers as the Password.
    Post back if you have any problems! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Have no fear, Icarus Wings IT support™ is here!

Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Lol :D

I'm gonna need a theme tune! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 goldensyrup

Thanks so much!:)

Advertisement