Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom now throttling torrents

Options
  • 22-09-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    2 weeks or so ago, Eircom has started to throttle torrents. Previously I could get 150-200kb/s+ no problem - the highest I ever got was around 550 kb/s.

However now nothing from the past two weeks goes above 100kb/s. Nothing has changed on uTorrent and I'm on unlimited package. Also it definitely gets capped at 100kb/s - anytime the torrent goes above that it immediately drops back to it again.

Anyone else seeing this?

jmh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Yes but you have Study Hub.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

justmehere wrote: »
    Hi,
    2 weeks or so ago, Eircom has started to throttle torrents. Previously I could get 150-200kb/s+ no problem - the highest I ever got was around 550 kb/s.

However now nothing from the past two weeks goes above 100kb/s. Nothing has changed on uTorrent and I'm on unlimited package. Also it definitely gets capped at 100kb/s - anytime the torrent goes above that it immediately drops back to it again.

Anyone else seeing this?

jmh

No problems here , Eircom customer , using Vuze :D

221685.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ditto.
    Eircom.
    Utorrent.
    1 Megabit + download speeds.

What obscure poorly seeded stuff are you downloading?
    Are you a Hipster? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Op are you downloading using your wifi or via ethernet cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ok we're done.:D

Advertisement