Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whirlpool engineer

Options
  • 22-09-2012 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering is there any whirlpool service engineers out there that would do me a big favour! My 6 year old oven packed in and engineer said would be cheaper to buy new one than get mother boards replaced. I was shocked.

But he also said if it was registered I would have been covered by the 8 year free part warranty! I bought all whirlpool appliances at same time while moving into house and DID told me they look after all warranty stuff now I find out they didn't. I complained to whirlpool and lady said they had issues with people registering appliances 5 to 6 years ago and a lot of stuff registered has only address on it and no name. She said there is a few appliances registered around the same time as my oven for my address as i dont have a house number. She said if I send on my other appliances serial numbers and if any of them on system she will honour my Oven warranty! Any chance somebody out there can check for appliances registered in my area if I provide an address and get me a serial number as I doubt the fridge dishwasher and microwave I have are registered! Any help grateful as I would struggle to replace oven in this current climate! You can pm me if it suits better.

Tdavfc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tdavfc

Anybody any help on this one...

Thanks
    TDAVFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You shouldn't need to register it just so long as you have proof of purchase and can proove its less that 8 yrs old, you need to start SPEAKING UP.

You shouldn't need to register it just so long as you have proof of purchase and can proove its less that 8 yrs old, you need to start SPEAKING UP.

Thanks Billy.... DID say they have a record of all my purchases and will print it off for me. So I will try that route as well..

Cheers
    TDAVFC

Cheers again Billy, Whirlpool came back and said none of my other products were registered either so I argued my case and DID provided me with original receipt. SO she came back to me today to say they would cover all the replacement parts free of charge! Happy days as they total about 400 euro! Have to say great service from Whirlpool considering my oven is 5 Years old.

Thanks
    TD

Advertisement