Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Final build up

Options
  • 21-09-2012 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Well we are down to 4 teams. Looking forward to the Sydney game tomorrow. Hoping the Swans can get one over the Pies. Pies have a great record though. Adelaide have done well to make last 4 but looks like they will lose Tippert at end of season. Hawthorn look to be improving.
    As for the Irish lads Hanley has had a good season again (3rd in Brisbane B&F) although anytime I have seen him I havent been hugely impressed. Clarke has done well to get back in the Pies match squads. He is in a top team in fairness. Tuohy has had a great breakthrough season for Carlton, be interesting to see if he can build on it. Tommy Walsh hasnt broken into the Swans team yet but he seems to have made progress and in fairness he plays in a tough position. Still think he could make it next year. Maybe full or centre back though he kicked a lot of goals with the reserves.
    Here is hoping for 3 good games to finish season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Damn I got my days mixed up. Thought the games were on Sat and Sun.
    Anyway Swans and Hawthorn have won. In fairness they were the two best sides in the league. It makes for an excellent final.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Should be a good game alright, just delighted that Collingwood didn't make it :D

Think I'll have a flutter on Sam Mitchell for the Norm Smith. Didn't get an All Australian and came second in the Brownlow so he's due something.

Hawks by 15 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Heart says Swans, head says Hawks.

The MCG factor gives the Hawks an advantage and that could be the deciding factor.

Richards v Franklin looks like the match-up to watch

On a side note reported in Irish media today that Ciaran Kilkenny dual Dublin player has signed for the Hawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Wish Kilkenny good luck in his career down under hope it goes well for him down there.

Nearly kick off time now. Thing the 2 goal handicap is about right

G'wan the swannies

• Advertisement

Hawks by less than 24.5 please!

great finish to the 1st period there from the hawks 3 quickfire goals

Looked like a blowout was on the card after the first quarter but the Swans are right back in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

Jesus, this is stressfull! Hawks need to get their act together, Swans have come out swinging in this quarter

And Mitch Morton shows why he was the much better choice than Tommy Walsh for the finals, two quick goals.

• Advertisement

great 2nd quarter from the swans their defending has been fantastic. Hawthorn haven't had a clear chance at all

35 point swing in that quarter, crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

What a game this is! COME ON HAWKS!!!

Set up for a belting last quarter. As a complete neutral (apart from in betting terms!) it's been a great game so far.

come on swannies.

Set up for a great finish. Imo hawks lookin a bit fresher

Hawks look to have much more in the tank, Goodes is one leg and Richards is fecked.

Can only see one winner. By less than 24.5 please!

:eek: level with eight to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :eek: level with eight to go!

Sydney ahead by 7 now.

4 points in it, 3 minutes to go.

Malceski wins it with a snap at the death! Wow, what a game.

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe! Some game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Sydney win by 10. What a game. I'm not that up on Aussie rules at the moment, I used to watch the highlights show on TG4, but that was a few years ago. But wow. You can see how much both teams wanted it, a shame there can only be one winner.

Yes Swans. Great win. Only got last quarter. Seemed v tight game. Fantastic stuff.

Just coming off a night shift. Have to sleep now. But I'm buzzing after that game. What a game. 'hon the swans

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Great game, such an ebb and flow to it, both sides could easily have claimed victory. Sewell had a great game, but he'll rue those 2 behinds late on that would have swung it for them, Gunston too with an easy set shot hitting the post. But the Swans are worthy victors, great game from them and when things were going against them, they kept hanging in there.

Ya I thought Franklin made a poor decision. He is a top marksman. He should have taken the responsibility. But those are the breaks. When I heard the channel 7 commentator praising the kicker's set shots this year I was saying to myself he will put the curse on him. Great crowd there too, nearly 100,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great for the Swans to win. Does Tommy get a medal? I know he wasn't on the final squad, but do the extended said pick one up? If so, the second player to have an All Ireland and Premiership Medal after Tadhg. Would have been great for him to play, but he just wasn't quite good enough for the best team in the country. I'm sure a lot of teams would have had him starting.

He was on the emergency list. If a player pulled out before the game he could have been next up. Dont know the exact rules whether you have to play so many games or not. He played in about 4 games I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

no, as far as I know, it is only the 22 named and the manager who get a medal. nearly sure of that, as there is always outcrys when a player is dropped for the GF after playing all year. happened with Geelong for a couple of players, Wojinski, I think and Cam Mooney

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    no, as far as I know, it is only the 22 named and the manager who get a medal.

Correct

Advertisement