Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

riello burner cutting and out

Options
  • 21-09-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi, i have riello burner in garage and it is heating the rads perfect no probs. but it is cutting in and out every twenty secs or so.it fires then keeps going and then cuts out. but it doesnt sound bad or anything. i got it serviced and all by oftec man a month ago.as i said it is heating rads as i speak. but just curious as to why it is doing this??only really noticed it this evening. any comments much appreciated.j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

what riello burner do you have rdb or 3gb

what fuel do you use

was burner set up with flugas analyser after service if oftec guy did the service i should think so

sorry didnt notice it was only serviced 1 month ago you should really contact
    your service guy to come back to check this out he should have no problem with that
    i know i would be happy to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like fuel starvation, but as you have just had it serviced i would recommend you contact the Oftec Engineer who carried out the work.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Wouldn't put cycling like that down to fuel starvation, but the service guy left it with flue gas either leaking from the mounting flange or combustion chamber door, and is polluting the air intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

lads it was actually the tank only had bit of oil left in it.got 750 quids worth there and burner is flying. thanks for the help everyone.

• Advertisement

lol..fuel always helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

jim1989 wrote: »
    lads it was actually the tank only had bit of oil left in it.got 750 quids worth there and burner is flying. thanks for the help everyone.

I would say thats a classic case of fuel starvation. :D

slight case of malnourishment as well billy

TBH whenever I have seen starvation, always resulted in lockout, rather than cycling (unless starvation was due to something like a partially blocked pipe/valve) but as for low fuel, normally just results in an airlock. (everyday's a learning day)

Well done Billy

Advertisement