Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

York

Options
  • 21-09-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm moving to York next week for work. This is to take up a permanent job with very good prospects.
    Looking for any information about living in York, or less specifically North East England ... ?
    What did you like and not like ? Do's and don'ts etc...

Also any tips for settling into life in the UK when you don't know anyone in your area ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 highsummer

Hope things are going well in York. Seriously thinking of moving there myself when the elusive 'permanent job with good prospects' turns up. Lovely little town as I'm sure you've found out by now. Try the House of Trembling Madness for a nice beer. I think it's on the shambles. I'll be there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

York get a Car, as everything there is on the big out of town Industrial Estates.

York is expensive and the whole area is , but some nice country villages and pubs (Very green welly brigade)

Advertisement